I Already Have Life Insurance Coverage
If you already have life insurance coverage, it's important to review your policy periodically to ensure it still meets your needs. In particular, certain life events, such as getting married or having a child, should prompt a review of your current policy. You should ensure that your beneficiary details are correct and make any necessary changes.
If any of the following situations apply to you, it might be time to review your life insurance coverage:
- You were recently married;
- You were recently separated or divorced;
- You are expecting a child or grandchild;
- You are adopting a child or grandchild;
- You purchased a new home;
- You refinanced your mortgage;
- You now provide care for a parent or other relative;
- You started your own business;
- You or your spouse has retired;
- Your children are about to commence college; or
- Your children have recently completed their college education.